Morning allergies, a dry throat, or runny nose are the worst.
It’s even harder when all you want is a GOOD NIGHT’S REST.
That’s why we’ve come prepared and did our research to help you get rid of those nasty bacteria, fungi, and mold in your bedroom.
More importantly, we’ve made sure to choose only the BEST QUIET HUMIDIFIERS to help you sleep soundly and ready for the next day.
Our Top Quiet Humidifiers
We’ve rounded 6 of our best picks to save you the hassle of scavenging through tons of brands and products at your local department store.
Rather than have to decide among 10 to 15 different humidifiers, we can assure you these 6 are PRIME PRODUCTS worth your attention.
1. Taotronic All-Around Humidifier
Who It’s Best For
Being the BEST QUIET HUMIDIFIER on the list, the Taotronic All-around Humidifier is not only a silent humidifier to have, but it’s ideal for keeping in your child’s room or baby nursery.
Its quiet performance is the main benefit for providing your child with a full 8-hour good night’s rest and clean air quality without any annoying sounds ruining their sleep.
Is your child afraid of the dark?
Taotronic has an installed night light, so your child feels safer throughout the night!
This Taotronic humidifier has a LOT of really useful features, too!
- Regarding water tank capacity, a 4-liter water tank is sufficient to leave this quiet humidifier running without replacing it in the middle of the night.
- You’ll have a single knob to conveniently adjust the settings and display the current Relative Humidity (RH) in your room to get the right setting!
- Finally, the LED display and sleep mode function are additional features that can be used to your liking.
Waking up in the middle of the night won’t force you to lean close to see the humidifier settings. The LED display takes that struggle away!
The only drawback we found with the Taotronic quiet humidifier was it lacked a handle for easier transport from one place to another.
This makes it slightly inconvenient and may cause unwanted spills! We recommend taking precautions when carrying it around.
- Easy to operate and read LED display
- Whisper-quiet functionality
- Great for baby nurseries
- 4 L water tank capacity
- Lacks a handle for easy transport
2. Homasy Cool Mist Humidifier
Who It’s Best For
The best quiet humidifier for those on a budget, Homasy, is an excellent option for those looking for a more PRICE-FRIENDLY option.
If you have plans to buy a quiet humidifier leaning towards personal use and smaller spaces, the Homasy humidifier says it all.
The Homasy ultrasonic cool mist humidifier carries SIMILAR FEATURES to the Taotronic humidifier; however, what stands out is the ultrasonic operation of the Homasy humidifier.
In case you’re wondering, an ultrasonic humidifier is one of the QUIETEST HUMIDIFIERS you’ll find, and here’s what you need to know about it:
- Ultrasonic models are quieter than evaporative types but still produce a slightly audible hum in a quiet room.
- An additional benefit to using an ultrasonic humidifier is its compact size, saving you storage space. They don’t generate heat as well, making them safe for your child’s room and your pets.
- Just like the Taotronic humidifier, Homasy also carries a single knob for easy operation along with an LED indicator to inform you when you need to refill the water tank.
The only drawback we found was the half-gallon tank capacity. This means you’ll have to refill the water tank more often than you would a humidifier with a whole-gallon tank capacity.
- Easy operation
- Ultrasonic operation, quiet performance
- Best for personal use
- Space saver
- Doesn’t generate heat
- Cold mist
- Half-gallon water tank capacity means you’ll have to refill the water tank more often
3. Boneco S450 Steam Humidifier
Who It’s Best For
Who says a high price tag can’t be appealing?
Our best quiet humidifier VALUE might be on the steep side, but with its smart features and additional accessories, it’s a price tag that’s hard to say no to!
So what makes the Boneco S450 a smart humidifier? For one, the range of features it provides is MULTIFUNCTIONAL!
Having the Boneco S450 in your room allows for more than just better humidity levels.
- It has four different modes that are EXTREMELY USEFUL, like an automatic run time, save energy costs, or an easy cleaning mode for decalcifying the water tank, too!
- This warm mist humidifier is especially safe to have around children or pets, because it doesn’t generate a ton of heat in case of accidental spills
- Last but not least, there’s a separate container primarily for essential oils, which you can use to enhance the fragrance in your room.
Boneco S450 differs in this regard, and it’s one of the reasons why even with a steep price tag, it’s quite the deal that fits the quality standard.
We have to say, even though the Boneco S450 humidifier doesn’t come cheap, you gain TWICE THE BENEFITS, seeing as how you can pair improved the humidity level along with the benefits of essential oils.
No matter how appealing the features and design may be, Boneco S450 is still an expensive humidifier.
That is to say, if you’re in need of a TOP-NOTCH humidifier and willing to spend more than your regular dime of budget deals, the Boneco S450 won’t shortchange you.
- Smart features
- Wide range of functions for improved usability
- Comes with a fragrance container
- Safe around children and pets
- Premium appeal and look
- High maintenance costs
4. Honeywell HCM350W Humidifier
Who It’s Best for
Now, if the top 3 humidifiers on this list weren’t enough to convince you, you still have the Honeywell HCM350W humidifier.
This could’ve easily snagged either of the top 3 humidifier picks, but sad to say, the Honeywell HCM350W has a few kinks it needs improving on.
We felt that the Honeywell humidifier would be perfect for users looking for PORTABILITY and anyone leaning towards personal use.
The The HCM350W humidifier comes JAM-PACKED with features, like the following:
- It has a one-gallon water tank capacity for a 24-hour runtime without refilling often.
- It’s whisper-quiet and is easy to clean and maintain, providing lower maintenance costs.
- It also uses ultrasonic technology for a safer operation and undoubtedly a whisper-quiet operation for your child.
As we mentioned earlier, there are a few kinks this humidifier needs to improve on.
One of which is the filter replacement. On average, you’ll be replacing your filter once a month, at least.
That isn’t necessarily a problem, except that the HCM350W humidifier filters are COSTLY, to begin with.
The water tank is also easy to clean, but the fan blades proved to be a struggle. If the blades aren’t properly cleaned, this dust buildup will negate the effort of humidifying and adding freshness to the air quality in your room.
- Runs for 24 hours without needing to refill the water tank
- Quiet performance
- Water tanks provide easy cleaning
- Replacement filters can be costly
- Fan blades are difficult to clean
5. Pure Enrichment MistAire Humidifier
Who It’s Best For
If you’re adamant to sticking only to the budget category of humidifiers offered, Homasy isn’t the only option available.
Pure Enrichment MistAire Humidifier offers a reasonable price that many would love to get their hands on.
The Pure Enrichment MistAire is something DEFINITELY worth checking out!
- It comes with a 360-degree mist nozzle allowing better moisture targeting in your room or any area in need of it.
- For its compact size, don’t be fooled. It can run for an average of 16 hours uninterrupted on the lowest setting!
- This humidifier is definitely a steal for its reasonable price and better at fine mist and moisture targeting.
- With its transparent frame, it’s also easy to tell when your water tank needs refilling.
Did we also forget to mention it uses ultrasonic technology? IT’S AMAZING!
Finally, the Pure Enrichment humidifier has already been sold over to 10,000 users on Amazon!
While this may not be as great as having a humidifier than runs for 24 hours, consider adding this to your list of humidifiers because with 10,000 units already sold, you can TRUST THE QUALITY this humidifier offers.
This mist humidifier comes with only a 1.5 L water reservoir. That’s not a lot to go for and leans more towards personal use if you ask us.
Another drawback is the difficulty in cleaning the water reservoir. Maintenance of this unit might require MORE EFFORT.
Finally, be careful if you live in areas with hard water. This unit does not go well with using hard water in its water reservoir.
- Great runtime – 16 hours on the lowest setting
- Compact design
- Over 10,000 units sold
- Quiet performance
- Better mist output and moisture targeting
- Water reservoir is difficult to clean
- Not ideal in places with hard water
6. Crane Ultrasonic Humidifier
Who It’s Best for
Much like the Pure Enrichment humidifier, the Crane Ultrasonic is PERFECT for anyone living in small spaces or apartments, seeing as how its total runtime will only last you for 8 hours.
The Crane Ultrasonic is LOADED with helpful quirks, too! Find out more about them here:
- For an area size of 500 square feet, this is the maximum humidity range the Crane Ultrasonic humidifier can cover!
- What stands out most with this humidifier is that it DOESN’T REQUIRE A FILTER, so you can save on filter replacement and maintenance costs in the long run.
- Not to mention this quiet humidifier also comes with an automatic shut-off feature when the water reservoir runs dry.
- While it may not have a flashy LED display, this humidifier stands true to its simplicity and minimalist appeal.
Although you save on filter replacement costs, getting a hold of the right type of water is a must for this humidifier, specifically distilled water.
Like the Pure Enrichment humidifier, using hard water will damage this humidifier and lead to long-term costs.
Now, using distilled water might be relatively costly, but if you don’t mind the extra maintenance, this humidifier is perfect for personal use.
- Compact design
- Save on filter replacement costs
- Great for personal use
- Quiet performance
- Minimalist appeal
- Using hard water damages the humidifier long-term
- Using distilled water can be costly
Choosing the Right Humidifier
Now that we’ve covered the best humidifiers, it’s time to help you narrow down which among these 6 top humidifiers SUIT YOUR NEEDS BEST.
In this section, we’ll look at 5 factors: Coverage area, type of humidification, tank capacity, filter replacement costs, and bonus features.
There may be a ton of excellent humidifiers for your living space, but only 2 or 3 at most would be perfect for your needs.
A humidifier that can only cover 200 sq. ft. won’t be ideal for a 300 sq. ft. living space. Most humidifiers come with a sq. ft. range in the product label, so be sure to check this first.
Air flow matters when you’re choosing silent products that will enhance the soundproofing of your walls and rooms. If your humidifier is too small for the coverage area, it might not deliver the results you want.
Type of Humidifier
There are 5 types of humidifiers: ultrasonic, evaporative, central, steam, and impeller.
Among all humidifiers, central types are the MOST EXPENSIVE but are ideal if you want to humidify your whole house.
Impeller, steam, ultrasonic, and evaporative humidifiers are all specifically intended for a single living space or area like your bedroom, for example.
Ultrasonic humidifiers are the QUIETEST, so it’s perfect to have as a bedroom humidifier for your child.
Impeller and evaporative humidifiers are the MOST CHILD-FRIENDLY but should have strict maintenance since improper maintenance can cause breathing difficulties.
Steam humidifiers are the MOST INEXPENSIVE, but they’re also least safe around children since they generate heat.
For children, we recommend using cool mist humidifiers and going for ultrasonic cool mist or impeller types. Nothing beats the cold mist to refresh!
Warm mist humidifiers aren’t recommended for baby nurseries or around pets even because of the high-temperature heat it generates.
Your water reservoir capacity boils down to the convenience and runtime of your humidifier. More importantly, this will tell you how many refills you’ll need per use.
Needing to refill the water reservoir THRICE IN A DAY compared to once every 24 hours saves you a ton of time and costs, especially if you’re using distilled water.
Filter Replacement Costs
Budget deals are DEFINITEL APPEALING, but think of the maintenance and filter replacement costs too.
If spending extra for filters and maintenance only leads to the same price as a premium pick without the worry of extra maintenance costs, you’re better off getting the premium pick.
Bonus features are a matter of preference.
You might prefer flashy features or sophisticated functions. If that’s something you prefer, be prepared to shell out more cash to get the most benefits as much as possible.
Cool Mist vs. Warm Mist
Which is better? A cool mist humidifier or a warm mist humidifier?
For one, a cool mist humidifier is more ECONOMICAL & AFFORDABLE, has a simpler operation, and performs better for larger areas.
Warm mist humidifiers are more dangerous, especially around children. Although they do raise humidity levels much faster than cool mist humidifiers because the warm mist they generate evaporates quicker. The cold mist can be VERY REFRESHING, too!
We recommend cool mist types for children and if you have a lot of pets. Warm mist types are more suitable for winter when there’s dry air and if you want a quieter operation.
How to Keep Your Humidifier Quiet
Opting for a warm mist humidifier generally provides the ADVANTAGE of a quiet environment.
Now, if you don’t find a warm mist humidifier to your liking and prefer cool mist types, here are a few tips you can use to quiet your humidifier:
Position Your Humidifier on a Flat Surface
Placing your humidifier on a flat surface counters the noise produced by vibrations, also known as impact noise.
Impact noise can significantly affect the noise level generated from any machine, so we recommend placing your humidifier on a FLAT SURFACE away from any walls or objects and using a towel or napkin to cushion the vibration.
Check the Fan and Impeller
Removing the motor and top of the impeller tip can help reduce noise. Alternatively, removing the fan and replacing the filter can aid in noise level reduction as well.
We hope this review guided you into choosing the BEST HUMIDIFIER for your whole house and, most especially, your allergies! When you find a good humidifier that suits your needs, COMFORT is definitely a GUARANTEE!
FINAL TIP: Thinking about the air quality in a room is one thing, but the overall ventilation of your home is another. You can check out our guide on soundproofing your vents for a full guide on taking care of your home ventilation problems!
July 8, 2021 – removed 2 external links
June 28, 2021 – added changelog, fixed and updated article formatting and content, removed 3 internal links